Thursday, October 8, 2009
Come on all of you handbag, yarn loving fashionistas! I want to see your face in the place!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
An incredible event. I had a fantastic time! I am a city Girl, so it is wonderful to see the live animals whose fur I enjoy so much! Don't forget to come and see me on Fri/Sat Oct 9th - 10th! CAB
Monday, June 15, 2009
It ended with testimonials
YARN EVENT TESTIMONIALS:
1. How lovely! So glad the event was such a success. Great job putting that together, Cassie. Really nice. Enjoy your knitting! - Ann Wisniewski, Dream Weaver Yarns.
2. Cassandra! You are so fabulous! Great job on your event!! I really enjoyed being there. - Brandi, Fashion Denver.
3. Cassandra, I hope you felt your event was a big success! It looked like it was very exciting with lots of fun stuff going on. People said you had a great turn out and lots of people were sitting and knitting. Congrats. - Diane, Tactile
4. Hey Cassie! We had so much fun at your event. You gotta teach me how to crochet in movies! - Wendy Greenwald - The Solution PR
5. Hey Cassie, thank you for having me at the yarn event. It was pretty cool. Yarn on! - Kelly Donovan
6. Hey Cassandra, I really enjoyed myself on Saturday, thank you for inviting me. The photos are "Wonderful"!!!! - Alberteen
7. Dear Cassandra, Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to exhibit, and I am truly looking forward to the 2nd Annual Spring event (May, 2010). - Tenda, Craft Afrika
8. Cassandra, The girls and I said on the way home that we need to email a "thank you" to Cassandra for organizing the yarn event. I've organized community events myself and I know what a lot of work it can be. You do seem like a super-organized kind of lady, and you did a great job! Denver is long over-due for a retreat for us yarn freaks, especially those of us who are painfully misunderstood for choosing our crochet/knit addictions over watching the Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche or Nuggets! Keep us in the loop for next year's event. Again our thanks to you and your husband for a wonderful day! -Annette (Colo. Spgs., CO).
9. Dear Cassie; First, let me tell how much I enjoyed yesterday. I think it went very well for a first time effort. Don't you? The people were fun to be around and I actually learned quite a bit. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. - Julianne
10. Hi Cassie, we so enjoyed the event and think it was a great success for Tamarac Square. You did a fabulous job and it was so nice to see so many people and so much positive energy at the center. Love the photos! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job with the event. It was very clear how passionate you are about knitting andcrocheting. Margie Munoz, GM Tamarac Square
The vision continues on at the Bags By CAB Yarn Shoppe.
A community of yarn lovers to sit, knit, crochet, share and change the world one beautiful skein at a time! Yarn on! CAB
Sunday, May 31, 2009
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE 1ST ANNUAL SPRING YARN CRAFT EVENT A MAJOR SUCCESS! To the wonderful volunteers, outstanding exhibitors, and fabulous guests; Thank you so very much, and see you next year for the 2nd Annual Yarn Knit & Crochet Event! CAB
Don't forget to visit the Bags By CAB Yarn Shoppe - A Restoration place for Busy Moms! Grand Opening June 3, 2009 - Tamarac Square Mall. www.bagsbycab.com
Friday, May 8, 2009
1857 Africans Knitting
HAND KNITTING - By David H Strother
Virginia Illistrated - New York: 1857
In the 19th century, hand knitting remained a necessity for African American slaves.
Staples such as socks, stockings, and other warm apparel monopolized their needles.
However, accounts and newspaper advertisements of runaway slaves describe in great detail the
unique designs and colors of their knit apparel, illistrating some influence of fancy work's popularity.
Monday, January 19, 2009
A Knit & Crochet In - Event
Meet new friends.
Enjoy Special Activities and Speakers.
Set the trend for the Hottest Spring and Summer Fashion & Accessories.
Share ideas, patterns, colors and designs.
Display, and Exhibit your designer Crochet/knitted crafts.
Take knitting or crochet classes.
Teach a student how to knit or crochet.
Contests – Bring it on! PRIZES!
Yarn Exchange – Bring your unused yarn
Book Exchange (Bring your used Craft Books)
Sit and Knit!
Stay and Crochet!
The Perfect Weekend Get Away!
A Retreat for those who love yarn, crocheting, and knitting.
Spend the weekend with those who are as passionate about yarn as you are!
Come one, come all!
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009
Time: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Location: Tamarac Square Mall